Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New School Year

We started a new school year at William Saroyan Elementry this year. A big change for all of us, but through much prayer and consideration, we decided this was a good decision for this year. Saroyan is a great public school just across the street from our house. We walk the girls to school almost every day and they are beginning to fit in quite well. They have great teachers and so far have adjusted just fine.




I have to admit, the first day i dropped the girls off, there were tears (only from me!). As I walked away from the school, the realization that I had 2 kids in school hit me and that I missed them so much! It was a bit of an overwhelming emotion.
There is a park on the way, so Tessa and I usually play for a bit before getting on home. It does make for a nice morning for the 2 of us.
Addi is in Mrs. Nesseth's class. Kamryn is in a 2/3 combo class and is doing really well. She is excelling in that environment.
When they got home fromthe first day, I had little treats made for them (idea from Family Fun). It was really fun and special.
HAPPY SCHOOL YEAR!

No comments: