Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Addi turned 5!

Addison turned 5 August 2nd. In planning for the big day all she said she wanted was Hello Kitty and a trip to the "beauty shop." So the night before, my mom and I decorated the dining table and the hallway from her room with streamers. She woke to a pink wonderland with a crown and everything! Her other big surprise was a covetted Baby Alive doll she has been asking for since last Christmas!


After a good breakfast, she and I headed out to get her nails done. She looked so big in that chair. I have a feeling I've started something with her...she thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing! Shoot! I don't even splurge on this kind of thing for myself :)


After that, I took her to a salon to get her hair done up. What a treat!


She got home, put on a special dress, and had a wonderful time having pictures taken and then opening gifts. The day was truly hers!



For supper I made spaghetti (for the kids) and put it on the table and they ate with thier fingers...and mouths :) For any of you girls that I roomed with in that huge house in college, this should bring back some memories!! It was a blast, and all the kids loved the treat!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy B-day Addi! what a fun treat to spend the day getting all pampered! Addi looks beautiful.
The spaghetti pile must have been a blast to eat. :)

Meli n Pat said...

I always wondered what really went on in that house!!
Melissa (Julie's sis!)

Dorina Gilmore said...

Princess Addi, you are positively beautiful. Happy Birthday, girlfriend! Thanks for sharing these great pics & the experience.

Brunchess said...

we got the wrong kids...Meliz is all about staying home reading a good book and wearing whatever is clean...and says "how much does that cost?" GO ADDI, u are my kind of girl, just do it and enjoy :)