Saturday, November 3, 2007

Pismo Trip




Well, we finally were able to get away as a family to the coast, thanks to a football game that Fresno Christian was playing in Cambria. What a great excuse to get away for a couple of days. Ericlee and Dorina Gilmore invited us to stay with them at his Grandparents house in Pismo so we took them up on it. Dorina and I took the kids on Thursday afternoon and got settled at the house, while Ericlee and Chris came in the evening after a cross-country meet (Ericlee is the FCS Track Coach). It was a wonderful drive down and the kids loved exploring the new "cabin". Dorina made excellent fish tacos and other goodies (with Addi's help) for us all and we got the kids in the bath and sleeping....ahhh...now we can breathe, right? I guess my body decided to completely let down and I started getting the body aches. Well from the moment that Chris and Ericlee walked through the door I was sick with the flu and bedridden for the entire weekend. We left on Saturday afternoon to get back for another football game Chris had to coach, and I found myself with a full case of strep throat. Thank goodness for family all around us. My dad took me to the walk-in emergency clinic and then I was quaranteened to my room. It wasn't until the following Tuesday that I finally came out and felt well enough to join the living. I'll tell you what, Mommies just aren't allowed to get sick!

1 comment:

Dorina Gilmore said...

We still loved our time with you guys even though Mama was sick. It's always a great expedition with these 4 girls in the car together. Good times.
Dorina & Ericlee